Hot Water but no central heating - Worcester Bosch Greenstar
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Radders
Labourer
Labourer

Hot Water but no central heating - Worcester Bosch Greenstar

Post by Radders » Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:35 pm

Hi all,

First post on these forums, and I apologise in advance if the question I'm about to ask is a stupid one, but I know NOTHING about boilers!

Basically, I own a flat with a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 24i/28i Junior combi boiler and although the hot water works fine, I am not getting any response when it comes to central heating. I have tried using the timer to turn the heating on, and I've tried just flicking the switch to 'on' but both methods have proved unsuccessful.

I phone Worcester Bosch technical helpline and the man who I spoke to said that it might have something to do with the timer being faulty, in that the boiler may not be registering that central heating is required and added that the fundamentals of the boiler must be working ok because it provides hot water.

I don't know this is important, but the ignition light is rarely on and only seems to light up when the hot water is running for a fairly lengthy period of time (i.e. filling the sink up.) Does this make a difference?

Any help would be much appreciated as Worcester Bosch said it would cost me £185 to have someone look at it!

Thanks in advance!

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Thu Oct 30, 2008 3:37 pm

Is there a room thermostat ? turn up fully, if this is turned down the heating ill not come on.

The ignition light ? or demand light will only come on when there is a demand for heat, for example when the tap is turned on or CH turned on.

If this light does not come on when the programmer is set for CH - then there's no call for heat. Either a room stat is turned down or possibly a faulty programmer.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1