hot water circulating/delivery pump
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Dusty
Labourer
Labourer

hot water circulating/delivery pump

by Dusty » Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:43 pm

What could the problem be with my Grundfos selectronic ups 15-50 hot water circulation pump it has suddenly stopped working. Following the pipe work it is totally seperate from the central heating pipe work and only assists the flow of hot water and is right next to the hot water storage tank and a large 22mm pipe comes from the tank to the pump and the pipe on the other end of the pump disapears in to the floor.

The cable to the pump goes into the central heating /hot water control panel from which I assume it draws current. I assume that when you turn the hot taps on a pressure/flow switch in the pump recognises this and starts the pump but that's not happening. Also should that cable from the pump be permanently live ? There is a big screw on the round bit of the pump what's that for and could I open it without a flood to see what's what?
Many thanks

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:02 pm

Hi Dusty ,
from what you are saying you obviously think the grundfoss circ. is not part of your heating/hot water system, but is a booster pump, I think you may be mistaken!!
However without knowing more of your system it's difficult to tell. I just believe from memory that the pump you name is only a circulator not a pressure pump.
Do you have a programmer, motorised valve(s) room/tank thermostat set up & if so is there another circ. pump for this?
If it is as you say then yes it should be permanently live to term.box on pump, the pressure sw. built in doing the switching, the large screw comes undone with a coin or gently with a large screwdriver and will let a small amount of (very) hot water out & gives access to the end of the drive shaft which lets you see if it is spinning, there is a slot across the end to allow it to be turned with screwdriver to check not siezed, (power off), have an old towel ready!!
regards SPARX

Dusty
Labourer
Labourer

by Dusty » Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:46 am

[quote="sparx"]Hi Dusty ,
from what you are saying you obviously think the grundfoss circ. is not part of your heating/hot water system, but is a booster pump, I think you may be mistaken!!
However without knowing more of your system it's difficult to tell. I just believe from memory that the pump you name is only a circulator not a pressure pump.
Do you have a programmer, motorised valve(s) room/tank thermostat set up & if so is there another circ. pump for this?
If it is as you say then yes it should be permanently live to term.box on pump, the pressure sw. built in doing the switching, the large screw comes undone with a coin or gently with a large screwdriver and will let a small amount of (very) hot water out & gives access to the end of the drive shaft which lets you see if it is spinning, there is a slot across the end to allow it to be turned with screwdriver to check not siezed, (power off), have an old towel ready!!
regards SPARX[/quote]

I filled in this quote then lost it s..t yes apears to be two motorised valves in central heating pipes which are seperate from the offending pump circuit, plus c/heating pump is a blue one.
The hot water circulation pump is a
Grundfos Selectric 15-50 UPS. TF 110 IP 42
PC 9528 class H and in a box like a spreadsheet
1/1 (A) 3. 0.42 2. 0.28 1. 017 then P1 (W) 3. 105 2. 70 1. 40
will have ago with the screw cap and see if I can turn shaft with screwdriver. There is definately no current in the cable according to two testers so may also look for a fuse in the control panel where the cable from the pump goes.
thanks for your info Dusty

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1