Hot water cylinder
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Tryin2B
Labourer
Labourer

Hot water cylinder

by Tryin2B » Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:36 am

I am fitting a shower pump and want to install a Surrey flange to the top of the HW cylinder but the existing nut on top of cylinder won't come loose - it's in good condition and not corroded. Have tried sustained force against wrench, hammer blows to wrench, heating the nut, applying lubricant etc but it won't budge. Don't want to damage cylinder by using excessive force. Any help in solving problem very much appreciated.

If all fails and I can't install the Surrey flange what problems would I have by just taking the hot feed to the pump from the existing pipe out of the top of the cylinder?

karlos840
Labourer
Labourer

What problems would I have , can not get surrey flang Open.

by karlos840 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:39 pm

You have to fit a surrey flange, or change the cylinder if you don't , the hot water will run out in only a few minutes.

karlos840
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Hot water cylinder

by karlos840 » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:41 pm

[quote="Tryin2B"]I am fitting a shower pump and want to install a Surrey flange to the top of the HW cylinder but the existing nut on top of cylinder won't come loose - it's in good condition and not corroded. Have tried sustained force against wrench, hammer blows to wrench, heating the nut, applying lubricant etc but it won't budge. Don't want to damage cylinder by using excessive force. Any help in solving problem very much appreciated.

If all fails and I can't install the Surrey flange what problems would I have by just taking the hot feed to the pump from the existing pipe out of the top of the cylinder?

Hot water will run out in only a few minutes. :roll:

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Perry525 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:16 pm

You are of course aware that you must have a water meter, it you have a power shower?

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 pm