Hot water cylinder

Postby Raksi » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:29 pm

Good Day all.
I am in the process of getting quotes for installing a condensing boiler.The installer has suggested that I have the existing 20 year old hot water cylinder replaced with a 900mm x 450mm indirect Part L compliant model on the grounds that it will be more efficient notably in heat retention (the present cylinder has a lagging jacket only).
Can anyone please aedvise
Thankyou
Raksi
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby marrtin » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:12 pm

A lagging jacket is hopelessly inefficient. Cannot fault the advice especially as the tank could well be approaching it's end of life.

If the tank needs replacing would it be wiser to do away with it and install a combi instead?
marrtin
Progress to next rank:
58%

Postby Raksi » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:09 pm

Thanks Marrtin

Have considered a combi but the "slow running" aspect puts me off a little.I believe it can take about 15 mins to fill a bath which precludes using any other taps at the same time ?
Raksi
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!