Hot water cylinder.
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jnthnthom
Labourer
Labourer

Hot water cylinder.

by jnthnthom » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:46 pm

Hi,

I am after some information if possible regarding my current hot water cylinder.
I need to replace it but need to know what would be best to change it with. And can try to obtain some quotes, and know that I am getting what I need not overpriced equipment that i do not require.

Basically I have a copper cylinder with two immersion heaters, one at the top and one at the bottom. Although it is one cylinder it is split into 2 parts, i believe the top section should carry cold water, but the water is very hot and over flowing down the overflow pipe.
The cylinder has a cold inlet and hot/cold exit to the taps. An overflow at the top.

I would like to install a new more economical unit which is smaller. I have a 2 bed 1 bath&shower flat.
The current cylinder is about 5 foot.

I do hope this post makes sense and someone can provide some advice or recommend a trademan in the London area that can provide a qoute to supply and fit a new unit.

Thanks
Jon

peter the plumber
Ganger
Ganger

by peter the plumber » Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:39 pm

This post was answer on the plumbing board.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1