Hot water; no heating
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
kevinberry03
Labourer
Labourer

Hot water; no heating

by kevinberry03 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:13 pm

I am getting hot water but the boiler does not fire up for the CH,
It is a Baxi Back boiler (10 yrs plus by the fire), and before all was fine. Strangely, after fitting a new towel rail in May the rads would heat up when the hot water was on, despite CH being off. We turned all of them down to 1/8th turn but left the towel rail on. When we went on Hols, i turned hw off, and then when we got back the Towel Rail did not heat up. When we went to fire CH up, the light on the programmer comes on, the pump is working, the 3 way valve appears to make a noise, but I cannot see the boiler fire up- no probs for the HW, so a bit confused- Let me know if you need more info- Also i turned the room stat right up past current temp, not hard at the moment as it's about 10 C

kevinberry03
Labourer
Labourer

by kevinberry03 » Tue Oct 28, 2008 9:31 am

amazingly I have, despite complete lack of CH prowess, sorted this out- Notice i mentioned i had turned all the valves right down- Well when i opened them all up and put my ear to the radiators up stairs, i heard the familiar whirr of the pump and the clnking sound of old pipes warming up- If anyone else is daft enough not to try opening valves that were closed, maybe they want to try this!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1