hot water pressure
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
iknownothing
Labourer
Labourer

hot water pressure

by iknownothing » Mon Dec 08, 2008 11:38 am

don't know if anyone can help with my hot water pressure problem but since having a new bathroom suite installed last year i have had lower hot water pressure to the point where the shower is a mere dribble.

I don't have a combi boiler just an old style gas boiler and a direct feed (i think) cylinder. The water level in the tank in the loft is good and the bathroom is on the ground floor (victorian house) so i assume the height of the tank is sufficient to create downward pressure.

When I run the hot tap through the mixer unit the pressure is good but when I flick it over to shower setting the water then runs cold, presumably the pressure of the cold dominates the hot?

Prior to having the bathroom installed I used one of those universal fit bolt on shower units that went over the old taps and this worked surprisingly well. Now however the pressure is really poor.

No physical changes have been made to pipework as it was a like for like change in the bathroom and the water is heating perfectly ok. I'm mystified by the change - could it be anything to do with the new mixer unit?

dns
Apprentice
Apprentice

by dns » Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:06 pm

I had a similar problem in a house I rented a few years ago.

I got excellent pressure through the hot tap in the sink, yet the bath tap and shower was a mere trickle.

In the end I took the mixer unit off, to find that someone had left half the foam packaging inside the hot tap...

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:47 pm