HOT WATER PROBS IN SHOWER
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
andysissons
Labourer
Labourer

HOT WATER PROBS IN SHOWER

by andysissons » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:12 am

Just installed new g/f shower. Moved shower to other end of bathroom, extended pipes through loft & installed sink that was not previously there.Combi boiler
Hot water in shower not hot enough, hot tap of sink is hot. Tried adjusting valve's so less hot water comes through. Improved temp of sink hot but not shower. Increased temp on boiler, sink temp hotter no change in shower.

bobplum
Foreman
Foreman

by bobplum » Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:19 pm

you put g/f shower i take it that means gravity fed but then you mention combi boiler on the next line, so that any one can advise can you confirm what system you have please
also when moving the pipe work have connected the hot and cold pipes to the correct inlets on the shower unit

DONFRAMAC
Ganger
Ganger

by DONFRAMAC » Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:06 am

G/F type blender-showers do not generally allow enough water flow for the combi to function well. There are Combi-specific blender showers which demand the level of water flow demand which makes the combi function very well. Basically, the combi needs to see a demand similar to an open basin tap to deliver.
I am having to scrap my "M*** 88" G/F blender shower, and replace it with a "M*** Combiforce 415" next week, when my system is gutted out and replaced with a condensing combi system. Costs £400 inc Vat.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 pm