Hot water system and showers!
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
carolcurtis
Labourer
Labourer

Hot water system and showers!

Post by carolcurtis » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:01 pm

Hi, we are about to embark upon redoing our bathroom, we have bought a Triton Antares shower but are unsure about the type of hot water system we have. I have been searching around and found loads of info but am still not quite sure which applies. We live in a flat (about 15years old) and our water is heated at night by immersion heater and stored in a fortic super seven tank. Having read all the descriptions I can't decide whether we have a direct/indirect, vented/unvented system - as the hot water pressure isn't equal to the cold especially in the kitchen where it is pathetic at best but the cold is fine. I need to know because I can't work out what the pressure is as we don't have a header tank so working out metres of head is inapplicable. The instructions say we need to fit a pressure reducing valve if cold supply is mains fed (which it is - currently supplying a dodgy electric shower). After all that waffle basically what I need to know is:
1)what type of hot water system do I have?
2) will this shower be suitable?
3)do I need the pressure reducing valve and if so where do I fit it along the pipework?
Any answers greatfully received!!!
Thanks! :?

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:30 pm

You have a tank with an immersion heater.

Indirect, direct, vented etc is relating to gas central heating - from your post it seems you do not have gas.

If the hot water pressure is poor - then this shower is no good for you, unless you want to install a pump, I would get an electric shower.

htg

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 31, 2024 7:51 am