hot water system

Postby raymondo » Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:07 pm

i am about to install a bathroom on 1st floor, already have g/f shower room. Hot water is supplied by a combi boiler via an unvented system. the boiler and cylinder are both at g/f level, my question is..will there be enough pressure in this system to feed the new bathroom on first floor? thanks.
raymondo
Progress to next rank:
21.1%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby bobplum » Tue Oct 09, 2007 3:56 pm

should do as the presuue from the system should be enough you may want to run it in 22 mm pipe as far as you can
bobplum
Progress to next rank:
54.7%

Postby raymondo » Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:44 pm

thanks bobplum....i intended to run the feed in 22mm anyway, just wanted confirmation because not extended an unvented system before.
raymondo
Progress to next rank:
21.1%

Postby htg engineer » Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:01 pm

A combi boiler works on mains pressure, there should be no problem with the pressure to the bathroom.

Do not run the hot water supply in 22mm. The mains to the boiler is 15mm so the pipwork from the boiler should be 15mm.

Increasing the pipe size to 22mm will not increase the pressure, if anything it will decrease it.
htg engineer

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!