All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Paul Anderson
Labourer
Labourer

Hot water

by Paul Anderson » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:23 am

My hot water has just gone off.

I haven't been in my house very long and the water is run from an old school boiler from the 70's .

I have ducted heating powered by gas and that works fine. However, when I try to get the water to heat up via the same unit, the boiler isnt cranking up, which seems to suggest some kind of electrical anomoly.

I thought initially that the element in the water tank had gone but there is a charge coming from it.

[/list]

gasmick
Tradesman
Tradesman

by gasmick » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:18 pm

hi i am very confused with your dicription of your heating and water system ? you say your heating is warm air from the 70s as you call it an old school system???? most systems with warm air were johnson a n starley, or suggs, and all were fitted with a circulator which is a gas water heater conected directly to your hot water cylinder these are not electrically controlled they work on water temp in the storage cyld, most storage copper cylinders were also fitted with an immersion heater which is controlled by electric as it work on 240v, so i would look in the gas heater to see if the pilot light has gone out ?? if so its got to do with the flame failure device or thermal coupling you will need an R G I to check it out its not a diy job

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:07 pm