hot water

Postby bazza » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:48 pm

hi guys i had a condensing boiler fitted about 3 months ago n all works fine its just the hot water is like milk wen it comes out the tap and i kno this is sometimes a problem with combis and the engineer who fitted it did come bk to look n sed it was normal and sed it will clear by itself in a couple of weeks that was 2 month ago and it hasnt improved at all just wondering if anyone has any ideas or is there something i cud add to the sytem that i dont kno about that wud help clear it (ps i live in a soft water area so dont get problems associated with hard water)
bazza
Progress to next rank:
79.3%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Steve the gas » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:42 am

Put some hot water in a glass - if it clears pretty quickly there isn't a problem - just air.

Hth
Steve the gas
Progress to next rank:
56%

Postby rosebery » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:07 am

Get him back in then. He said it would go away - it hasn't so it's his problem.

Cheers
rosebery

Postby htg engineer » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:40 am

Fill a glass, if it clears within a few seconds, it's just the heat/oxygen in the water - not a problem/fault.

htg
htg engineer

Postby bazza » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:01 pm

cheers guys thanx
bazza
Progress to next rank:
79.3%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!