hot water tank with header on top
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Debi2530
Labourer
Labourer

hot water tank with header on top

by Debi2530 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 10:47 pm

hi hope u can help when we moved into our house the loft had already been converted so our hot water tank in the airing cupboard as a small header tank above it, we had no problems last winter but this year with the heating being on alot i have noticed that there is alot of condensation forming inside the airing cupboard and the door as swollen making it hard to open and shut, also when the heating is on its louder than it was last year my question, is it normal to have alot of condensation in a airing cupboard and should it be making so much noise?

ericmark

by ericmark » Fri Jan 18, 2008 2:06 am

The tank can be used with a number of different systems. The hot water may be controlled with a motorized valve both thermo siphon and pumped and they are given the letters Y, S and C for us electricians to know how they are wired. You need to give more information to really give a good answer. But two main ways of controlling the heat one has a thermostat normally held on the side of the tank with something like an old curtain wire. If that method try turning it down. Second gives no real control except to alter boiler temperature which of course would also affect the central heating. My father has the same problem and it seems I need to fit motorized valve and thermostat which involves cables between programmer and airing cupboard which in his case is not easy. Could fit valve at boiler and use radio controlled thermostat but thats costly and we are trying to get him to change to modern boiler.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1