HOT WATER TAP LEAKING
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
spudmurphy
Labourer
Labourer

HOT WATER TAP LEAKING

Post by spudmurphy » Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:43 pm

Wonder if anybody can help me? I noticed a wet patch on my kitchen wall/ceiling (which is under my bath) the other day and now it has run further along and is dripping onto the kitchen floor. I've looked under my bath and it's wet through and the dripping seems to be coming from my hot water tap. This is happening even when the tap's not turned on. Does this make sense? Could the tap be loose and not turning off properly? Please help - B&Q shuts in 15 minutes! Thanks

nitro23456
Foreman
Foreman

Post by nitro23456 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:26 pm

it is likely to be leaking from the where the hot water pipe connects to the tap tail......

There should be a nut that connects the pipe to the taptail that may need tightening.

Do you have any isolation valves further down? if so isolate the leaking pipe with this so water cant get to the point where it leaks and then tighten the nut.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sun Jan 27, 2008 5:46 pm

Where is it leaking from ? just under the bath or is there water around the taps on top of the bath ?

try tightening nut or renewing fibre washer.

There's still water at the tap - even if not turned on. I'm guessing it is leaking from the tap connector.

fatbarry
Labourer
Labourer

Post by fatbarry » Sat Feb 02, 2008 11:51 am

I have a similar problem - the connector at the tail of my bathroom sink hot tap is dripping.

I can't access the nut easily to check the washer and re-tighten, so while I wait for the area to dry out a bit, is there anything I can do with PTFE or self-amalgamating tape around the joint to stop/slow the leaking?

Thanks.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Mar 26, 2024 5:56 pm