Hot Water Temperature
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Utility
Labourer
Labourer

Hot Water Temperature

by Utility » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:12 pm

Hi,

What temperature should hot water be?

I have a thermostatic cut out device strapped to the side of my boiler but when I set it to 60 degrees the water seems very hot. Yet, when looking at advice this is the recommended setting. Is it fine to turn down?

I'm confused.com!

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:36 pm

Maybe the stat is not accurate. Turn it to the required temperature if you like, but generally boiler temps can be set to 80 degrees depending on what type of system you have.

1900munn
Labourer
Labourer

by 1900munn » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:15 pm

Reading other device sites - the storage water heater control thermostat to be set at no less than 60 degrees Celsius to avoid the growth of Legionella bacteria.

The hot water at personal hygiene outlets (e.g., bath, basin and shower) is better to be delivered at no greater than 45 deg Celsius with a 55 deg Celsius maximum.

The whole tank will not be 60 deg C anyway - although the Legionella bacteria is only transmitted through air water partials - which should not happen in a standard domestic system I would have thought. :?:

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1