Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 WM63 wildly vibrating drum
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Clanger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 WM63 wildly vibrating drum

by Clanger » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Hi.

My Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 WM63 has a wildly vibrating drum when it has clothes in it and when spinning. When there is nothing in it, just water it is OK.

Tunring the drum by hand when off is fine, there is no noise to indicate a bearing problem.

I've looked at the mountings and they seem fine, however I've no idea if indeed they are.

Is it possible that worn bearings (e.g. "sticky" perhaps) would cause this ?

Thanks very much for any info.

Clanger
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Clanger » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 pm

Apologies, I forgot to add that it seems to happen at a certain speed - faster than that and it stops.

There is also a "flapping" sort of noise, like someone banging their knuckles quickly on a wooden table.

I can't see anything inside the machine to cause this, or anything stuck in the seal.

Clanger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 WM63 wildly vibrating drum

by Clanger » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:37 pm

[quote="Clanger"]Hi.

My Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 WM63 has a wildly vibrating drum when it has clothes in it and when spinning. When there is nothing in it, just water it is OK.

Tunring the drum by hand when off is fine, there is no noise to indicate a bearing problem.

I've looked at the mountings and they seem fine, however I've no idea if indeed they are.

Thanks very much for any info.[/quote]

I have done some further investigations, and I know believe that the problem is the shock absorbers, suspension arms. I shall hopefully get a couple of new ones in a local shop and replace them and see what happens.

Clanger
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Hotpoint Aquarius 1100 WM63 wildly vibrating drum

by Clanger » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:35 pm

[quote="Clanger"][quote="Clanger"]Hi.

Thanks very much for any info.[/quote]

I have done some further investigations, and I know believe that the problem is the shock absorbers, suspension arms. I shall hopefully get a couple of new ones in a local shop and replace them and see what happens.[/quote]

Well, I got a suspension kit - exact same model and they are useless! The new suspension arms are not as stiff as the old ones and will be going back to the shop.

I really do not know what the problem is, and as the machine is 11 years old - despite being very good, I think it's time for a new machine.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:35 pm