How do i wire a wall mounted shower switch with little light
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
SiRen8
Apprentice
Apprentice

How do i wire a wall mounted shower switch with little light

by SiRen8 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:35 am

Hi
I have a wall mounted shower switch outside of my bathroom. I had to replace it recently because the other switch jammed in the on position. When i connected up the new more stronger switch - exactly the same way as the other - the little light on the switch is constantly on? The switch has two cables with red & black wires coming from them, plus earths. Any ideas?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:13 am

Hi you have got the in & out terms wrongway round

SiRen8
Apprentice
Apprentice

by SiRen8 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:23 am

So i put the red where the black is on both cables etc?

SiRen8
Apprentice
Apprentice

by SiRen8 » Fri Jul 06, 2007 10:27 am

Sorry, do you mean the cable feeding the upper terminals should be at the bottom etc?

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Fri Jul 06, 2007 9:07 pm

Look on sw. it will be marked live & neutral in plus Line & neutral out,or some times LIVE & LOAD , yes you need to swop in for out ie N in with N out & Live in with Live out, the light is connected across load side L&N
Also you should not be using the switch for functional switching ie turning it on & off every time shower is used, it aint meant for that! it is only intended for maintenance or emergency use, & should be left permanantly on in day to day usage, plus make sure terminals are realy tight when connecting up, wiggle wires as tightening up, the main reson for failure is loose connections ,
regards SPARX

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:28 pm