How do you Adjust These Types of Hinge?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Mavrouvy79
Labourer
Labourer

How do you Adjust These Types of Hinge?

Post by Mavrouvy79 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:33 am

Hi

New to the forum hoping I can some help with these hinges . I e attached a couple of pics . I can’t work out what adjusts what on these hinges as I e never come across these type . As you can see the top of the hinge has 2 hex adjustments but nothing on the bottoms of the hinge that can be adjusted .

Does anyone know what hinges these are and how what adjusts what ?

Any help is much appreciated

Alex
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

pjwindows
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How do you Adjust These Types of Hinge?

Post by pjwindows » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi.
These are the most common type of hinges from a few years ago and are called "Flag hinges". although more modern types have now superseded them by far.

The Flag hinges are quite easy to adjust. As your picture shows, the plastic caps have been removed to expose the Hexagonal Allen key bolts.
Inserting a 5mm Allen key into one of the Hex heads will either raise or lower the door height, (do this on all three hinges) and the other one will move the door edge closer to the lock (away from the brickwork) or vise versa to move the door away from the lock.

On some flag hinges there is a small plastic cap on the flag edge, remove this and insert a (usually smaller) Allen key again turning this will move the door away or closer to the brickwork. a good tip with this one is to make a small pencil mark on the door where the flag hinge meets just behind the plastic cap, when you turn the Allen key the mark will disappear when the door is moving away from the brickwork and re appear when it is moving towards the brickwork.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:59 am