How Easy is it to Install Gas in a Ground Floor Flat?
Information, help and advice on many gas related subjects from gas fires to domestic appliances

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
msy2202
Labourer
Labourer

How Easy is it to Install Gas in a Ground Floor Flat?

by msy2202 » Mon May 23, 2016 10:39 am

Hi, I have recently put an offer on a ground floor flat in a converted house, but it currently only has electric heating/water, no gas. The flat is newly refurbished but I would want to replace all electric heaters with gas central heating and I would want the water to be heated by a gas boiler. The estate agent tells me other flats nearby have gas so it should be possible.

Since it is newly refurbished, I wouldn't want to damage the tiles etc too much. Would the water supply go through existing pipes or would new ones be required? I'm assuming pipes for central heating would go on the walls and would be visible everywhere?

There isn't really any room in the kitchen for a boiler, but I suppose I could get one that fits in a cupboard next to an exterior wall?

lets have a look
Foreman
Foreman

Re: How Easy is it to Install Gas in a Ground Floor Flat?

by lets have a look » Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:17 pm

You will have to pay to bring the gas supply to your flat,can't really comment where the pipes would run without seeing your flat,does your airing cupboard have an outside wall, as this is the favourite place to put the boiler

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:12 pm