How much can I safely Chase out from Solid Supporting wall?
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
gazzaman
Apprentice
Apprentice

How much can I safely Chase out from Solid Supporting wall?

Post by gazzaman » Thu Oct 09, 2008 5:46 pm

Hello,
I want to replace and relocate my existing radiator in living room.
I am fitting a new Vertical Chrome raidiator and wish to conceal the pipework to it as far as possible.
I want to chase out the wall from where the existing pipe comes out (8mm microbore pipe) to the site of new radiator.

What is an acceptable depth to chase out? The deepest point would be approx 20mm where the final elbow would leave the wall, for the majority it would be approx 10-12mm then for a small distance 17-18mm to accomodate the 15mm pipe I will have to size upto at the radiator.
It is an internal solid wall and I suppose it is supporting??
Also when complete is there any special type of filler to cover the pipework which wont crack etc. with the heat from central heating?

TheDoctor5

Post by TheDoctor5 » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:40 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Feb 18, 2024 5:00 pm