How much more cement & Balast?
Post your questions and get answers regarding all areas of drives, pathways and patios

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Icar
Labourer
Labourer

How much more cement & Balast?

Post by Icar » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:17 pm

In the spring I will be building a new shed/play house for my kids and it will be built on an old hard-standing that needs new concrete.

The area I am working on is 8 foot x 10 foot and 4" deep. I believe it equates to 0.99 cu. yds.

I already have 20 bags of ballast (25kg bags) and 10 bags of Cement (25kg bags) from a previously cancelled project.

Does anyone have any idea of how much more of each I will need to fill the above area to the top.

I have had different answers from Wickes, B&Q and a couple of Building Merchants and I am wanting to get the rest of the materials on site well in advance of starting but I do not want to buy more than I need.

I would be eternally grateful to anyone who can answer this.

Thank You in advance.

Icar
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How much more cement & Balast?

Post by Icar » Thu Feb 18, 2010 6:16 pm

[quote="Icar"]In the spring I will be building a new shed/play house for my kids and it will be built on an old hard-standing that needs new concrete.

The area I am working on is 8 foot x 10 foot and 4" deep. I believe it equates to 0.99 cu. yds.

I already have 20 bags of ballast (25kg bags) and 10 bags of Cement (25kg bags) from a previously cancelled project.

Does anyone have any idea of how much more of each I will need to fill the above area to the top.

I have had different answers from Wickes, B&Q and a couple of Building Merchants and I am wanting to get the rest of the materials on site well in advance of starting but I do not want to buy more than I need.

I would be eternally grateful to anyone who can answer this.

Thank You in advance.[/quote]

After hours of searching, I finally found a site that gave me the answers I needed.

In case anyone else wants to calculate how many 25kg bags of whatever you need, follow this link.

Google "source4me.co.uk//calculators.php"

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 3:29 pm