how much should i charge ?
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
jayboe
Labourer
Labourer

how much should i charge ?

by jayboe » Tue May 05, 2009 12:58 pm

Can any fitters out there give me advice on how much to charge to take out old windows and fit upvc x 8 take out and fit new external doors x 2 take out patio doors and fit new x1 take out and fit new bay window with x5 panels .......im new to the plastic window world as i usually work with aluminium facades on large projects and fancied working in this sector for a change and be more locally based instead of trawling around the country living in b n bs any help would be greatly appreciated who better to ask then the paying public

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sat May 09, 2009 1:42 pm

Whatever you think is right for the job. You'll soon find out if you are too cheap or too expensive or right on the button.

Cheers

bd3cc
Foreman
Foreman

by bd3cc » Sat May 09, 2009 8:37 pm

So much to take into account, but try this.
Work out a dayrate for you and any assistance.
Work out how long each item will take to complete, but bear in mind that you cannot leave windows/ doors out overnight, so may finish early or late.
If supplying you can mark up from cost. If not supplying you can add to labour.
Add cost+ of sealants, fixings and scaffolding/equipment hire and sundries
Add costs of disposal of old, if required, and any other costs that you may incurr.
Not sure how Part? that appliesto windows/ FENSA applies in this case as I work in another trade, but think that you may have to notify BC and pay a fee for their inspection.
HTH

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:24 am