How Much to Water do Most House Plants Need?

Postby MorningGull » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:20 pm

A neighbor is away due to an emergency, and I'm taking care of her place. She asked if I could water her plants every couple of weeks.

I'm not very familiar with houseplants, and she has dozens of them, ranging from tiny pots to a tree that touches her vaulted ceiling. For the few plants I own, I know their needs - which ones like lots of water, which ones need to dry out between watering.

I can't recognize many of her plants at all. If you were watering under this circumstance, what would you do? Is it better to err on the side of overwatering, since it is just once or twice?
MorningGull
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby Tina Myles » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:59 am

Here's a good article about potted plants: http://www.dummies.com/how-to/content/h ... -need.html
It also depends on the type of flower. Your neighbor should have left you some instructions]. But never mind - do some research and you'll deal with it ;)
Tina Myles
Progress to next rank:
50%

Postby MorningGull » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:12 pm

currently i am dealing well. She gave me instructions but i think i should water them more frequently.
MorningGull
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!