How to Connect Ikea Tap to Shutoff Valve
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
zensunni
Labourer
Labourer

How to Connect Ikea Tap to Shutoff Valve

Post by zensunni » Sun May 21, 2017 3:52 pm

I just bought an Ikea Vimmern tap after checking the instructions online that it had UK fittings. Low and behold the flexi tails can't be connected to the shutoff valve direct, as they don't have a female connector to join to the male shutoff valve, but a compression nut.

I've found a site that sells flex tails of the right size (m8) that have the correct female connector (1/2 inch BSP), though it's currently out of stock. Would it be suitable to use these, or is it important to use the ones that came with tap? (I'm wondering if there's a reason not to use the 1/2 inch BSP connector straight to the shutoff valve.)

Even if it is ok to swap, as it's out of stock, it might be some time before it's in stock (it seems surprisingly rare, as I've not found it anywhere else online, and neither B&Q nor Screwfix stock them). Is there any way outside of getting a plumber to connect the flexi tail with the compression nut to the shutoff valve? Maybe an adapter/coupler of some sort?

Thanks!

dunnem8
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How to Connect Ikea Tap to Shutoff Valve

Post by dunnem8 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:07 pm

Hi mate. It's been quite a while since you posted but did you have any luck? I've just been to a shop and can see that a female coupler won't work. Would a male or straight do the job?

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sun Mar 24, 2024 4:27 pm