How to sort out Interior Trim on Double Glazing
Post questions and find answers on glazing, double glazing, upvc glazing, conservatory glazing, fixtures and fittings etc....

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
severen
Labourer
Labourer

How to sort out Interior Trim on Double Glazing

by severen » Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:20 am

Hi all,
new guy's first post here, hoping for some info to sort out hopefully just a cosmetic issue.
our doubleglazing's been in about 20 years now, i beleive, and i've got a couple of windows where the interion plastic trim (is it called "quadrant"?) is coming away (pics attached). i just want to know how i fix it back up, what adhesives i should get and if there's any trick to it or stuff i should look out for. windows are sound aside from this - well, a couple of the locks on the smaller panels are giving up, but this trim issue is first on the list.

thanks in advance.
Attachments
window1.jpg
window2.jpg

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: How to sort out Interior Trim on Double Glazing

by welsh brickie » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:47 pm

use low modulus silicone to seal the trim to the frame and acrylic sealant to seal the trim to the plaster

severen
Labourer
Labourer

Re: How to sort out Interior Trim on Double Glazing

by severen » Sat Jan 02, 2016 4:01 pm

Thanks for the reply.
as i saidn, total noob, so what's teh best way to go about the fix? apply the silicon to the edge of the frame then apply the acrylic sealant to the trim and simultaneously press it to the plaster and slide it up to to the frame? i'm a bit puzzled on how to do the top trim, as the bit on Wickes' site says the Frame Acrylic takes up to 2 days to fully cure, how do i keep the trim in place? :-/

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 2:36 am