how to tackle damp

Postby » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:19 am

we live in a mid terrace and have a damp problem! i was woundering the best method on how to get rid of it? The problem is also that its around the fireplace and i was woundering if any special procedures have to be undertaken?
has anyone got any good sites to look at also?
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:15 am


Simply Build It

Postby locofox » Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:18 pm

Depends how bad the problem is and where the damp is coming from, i.e. rising damp or from somewhere else.
If the damp is bad and has damaged the plaster then it will have to be hacked off and new installed. A chemical injection fluid has to be installed into the wall before the new plaster is put on this stopps the damp from rising. Check to see whether there is a gap between the plaster and the floor as the plaster will soak up moisture and could be the problem, if there isn't a gap then hack of some of the plaster near the floor to break the damps path up the wall.
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jun 27, 2007 5:00 pm

Postby dcmoore » Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:40 am

Take a look at any one of our damp projects and ring the phone number for Property Repair Systems. They give free, no obligation advice and we recommend them. They will tell you what you need to do (if anything) and will also be able to supply you with anything you need to do it with but will certainly not try to sell you anything you don't need
Posts: 68
Joined: Sat Jul 21, 2007 3:02 pm

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics