How to wire 2 and 3 Phase Wires into Ceiling Rose?
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Kurtlee936
Labourer
Labourer

How to wire 2 and 3 Phase Wires into Ceiling Rose?

by Kurtlee936 » Sat Oct 10, 2015 4:59 pm

Hello.
Been fitting new light fittings to my house and have cone across the first fitting controlled by 2 switchs. Wasnt thinging and just indid the wires from the ceiling rose. Now im stumped as to how to put them back.
Ive got what i believe is a 2 phase wire and a 3 phase wire. Can anyone help me as to where they go as the internet ia confusing me with old colours new colours and crazy diagrams.

2 phase wire has
Brown
Blue
Earth

3phase
Grey with blue sleeve
Black with brown sleeve
Brown
Earth

Please see below pics
Attachments
DSC_0365.JPG
DSC_0364.JPG

diydoctor6
Ganger
Ganger

Re: How to wire 2 and 3 Phase Wires into Ceiling Rose?

by diydoctor6 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:13 pm

This is the information that you need:

https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/ceilingrose.htm

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: How to wire 2 and 3 Phase Wires into Ceiling Rose?

by ericmark » Wed Dec 23, 2015 12:42 am

I can only guess, but here goes.
1) It is single phase.
2) Three core cable is line (brown) centre on rose, neutral (blue) three terminal outer, and earth to clamp.
4) Four core cable is switch feed either Black with brown sleeve or Brown likely latter to centre. Then switch return, either Black with brown sleeve or Brown likely former to two terminal outer. Grey with blue sleeve to centre terminal to neutral (blue) three terminal outer and again earth to clamp.

I will guess the switch needs a neutral which is why you have 3 core and earth cable. However this is just a guess without testing can't be sure.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:19 pm