I have damp and mold in every room in my house!!
Damp can be a major issue in the home. Find answers to questions or post your own here.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mum of 2
Labourer
Labourer

I have damp and mold in every room in my house!!

by mum of 2 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 11:00 am

When we moved into our house 3 years ago all the walls were covered in wallpaper think that was so we didnt notice the damp problem. It is really gettin in the way we have put air bricks in but haven't seemed to do anything, it is really bad especially in one of the bedrooms that we were supposed to be turning into a nursery for our 6month old daughter whos had to stay in our bedroom now, it has mold all over the external walls and the double glazed window has even got it, it smells in there it is discusting not a place for a baby to sleep HELP please really need to get this house sorted out, would really appreciate your help and advice. :(

Dan the man
Ganger
Ganger

by Dan the man » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:19 pm

Hi,
Its a common problem with certain houses.

1.Have you took the wallpaper off the walls and its still on the plaster??
2.Is it just on the external walls only?
3.Do you have a radiator in the room?
4.Is it just upstairs bedrooms that suffer?

It could be the guttters, it could be condensation, poor ventilation, pointing could need doing on outside brickwork.

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

damp

by welsh brickie » Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:55 am

Mould and damp occur because of poor ventilation and increase with the aid of central heating to clear this problem you need to regulate airflow in each room.You need to have trickle vents fitted on each window and leave them open.To clear the mould use neat bleach and a sponge to clear the spors and use a dehumidifyer to erase the damp.

Mattjackson81
Labourer
Labourer

Re: I have damp and mold in every room in my house!!

by Mattjackson81 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 8:51 am

Hi there, we’ve had the same problem for years, constantly washing down walls for it to reoccur a week later. The house was covered. Upstairs, downstairs, bedrooms, dining room. I did some research and installed a piv system (Amazon) it’s a fairly heavy outlay we got a heated version for about £500 it’s installed in the loft and circulates clean air around the house. We’re in a 3 bed house but it works up to a 5 bedroom house. Since installing this unit. It’s a miracle. Not a spot of damp or mould it’s incredible and worth every penny. All the walls have dried out we havnt left doors open or anything we were using 3 dehumidifiers which took the edge off but it still kept coming back. We’ve not used any of the dehumidifiers since. The system (however it works) is shockingly good. no more condensation on the windows, even drying washing in the house over winter! It’s just vanished ;-) highly recommended to anyone with the same issues. At the same time of installing we also re lagged the loft.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:48 pm