I'm new and have a few questions!
Help, advice, information, answers and tips on all types of flooring from laminate and carpet to timber and vinyl

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Shell-e
Labourer
Labourer

I'm new and have a few questions!

Post by Shell-e » Sat Oct 13, 2007 7:35 pm

Hi All,

I am new to the forum so be nice… just need some help and advice.

I have just bought a new house and want to remove the carpet and laminate it throughout. I have bought the flooring including the fibre board and plastic membrane but now I am thinking maybe it a bit too hard for me….

I am going to see what it will cost to get the work done but does anyone have an idea what the charge is? Say I know it will depend on size, flooring, etc but I just need an idea?

Also, if I were to do it myself, what would be the best way to attach the beading to the skirting? I have been told not to use glue but I don’t really want nail holes? I want it to last whatever I do….

I don’t want to buy a jigsaw and nail gun (and anything else I may need) unless I am sure I can do it… and I am not… :?

mikeyg47
Labourer
Labourer

Post by mikeyg47 » Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:52 pm

Hi,

where abouts do you live, can no-one give you a hand to do. Its quite easy to do and if you take your time you can do a good job..

Mikey

Shell-e
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Shell-e » Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:20 pm

I live in Stevenage in Hertfordshire.

No one can really help :(

I am just not sure if I should glue the beading or nail it?

If nail then I need to buy a gun, if glue I need to know what type will last longest!

jwr
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by jwr » Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:52 pm

If i was unsure of how to do it , i would take a trip to my local laminate store and pick someones brain . People are often quite helpfull especially when they feel thay are talking about something they are experienced at . Im sure they will recommend a good process . I have done some myself and id glue rather than nail . Its very easy to split the wood even using small nails and a semi flexible glue would be more than sufficent on laminate , if it is laid correctly then there will be minimum movement . Its really not as difficult as you may think it is and i would say give it a go , you only need to lay a small area to see if your doing it right and if your really not comfortable there are plenty of floor layers around , however been your floor , i would imagine you will take more time and effort to get it right than they will .Have a go and good luck .

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 06, 2024 8:48 pm