i wish to rewire my home am i allowed to with c&g 236/ 2
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
davefairclough
Labourer
Labourer

i wish to rewire my home am i allowed to with c&g 236/ 2

by davefairclough » Fri May 14, 2010 4:01 pm

im an electrical engineer however about 4 years ago i had an electrical company and was niceic registered, i have recently brought a house wich requires new plumbing and wiring but i want to know that if i do it then theres somehow of getting the certifications required although i dont have the 17th edition i do have the 16th edition and the inspection and testing 2391 has anybody got any information or https that they can give me as i feel i can do it exactly how i want to do it and in my own time
thankyou
David Fairclough

kbrownie
Project Manager
Project Manager

by kbrownie » Sun May 16, 2010 11:45 am

You can rewire, but you need to notify Building Controls and pay an application fee. They should then inspect your work along the install.
They fee should include the inspection and testing, but some BC have been having people over by insisting they get a third party to do this.
But the answer to your question is yes, but you can only self cert it, if you are a member of a domestic installers providers scheme.
http://www.communities.gov.uk/planninga ... nsschemes/

ericmark
Project Manager
Project Manager

by ericmark » Mon May 17, 2010 7:55 am

As already said Yes is the answer. The LABC will not issue the installation certificate, in theory they are not required but likely better if you have one which may mean hiring test kit.
If you are providing the installation certificate the council will likely do less inspection and testing them selves. In my case they did do any and relied completely on installation certificate I filled in.
However it is important to make the council aware of what you can do. If they think you are testing then at end you ask them they can get funny with you.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:10 pm