All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bpascua
Apprentice
Apprentice

Ideal standard sink - pop up plug with no lever

by bpascua » Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:27 am

Hello All,

I have an idea standard bathroom suite. The issue I have is with the sink and in particular the pop up plug. The sink seems to be fitted with a pop up chrome plug which is operated manually not through a rod or lever which I have seen in the past. So basically you press the chrome circular bit down (it as a seal on the underside) and you can fill up your sink. Press it again and it pops up a bit and hte sink drains. For some time now the popping up hasnt worked very well and it kept getting stuck. I removed the plug as it seemed to just screw in, once out I could see a plastic fitting which seemed to be threaded in the plug hole. the plug hole must have been designed for this as it has a metal thread thats about 1 inch in diameter in the middle of the plug hole. I removed the plastic piece that screwed into the plug hole and it came out. Speaking to ideal standard they are saying they dont do these manual pop up plugs they only do the ones with the levers. So I'm a bit stick as to where to get one of these pop up plugs from. I have seen a few pop up type plug holes but they all require you to fix a nut from the underside - which I'd like to avoid.
Any ideas?

thanks

Brian

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:50 pm

I'd take the bits to a plumbers merchant myself and see what he can do for you.

Cheers

PS Its a basin in a bathroom.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:19 pm