Identifying Problems with Roof from Aerial Picture

Postby stootz » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:55 pm

Hi,

If I was to show an aerial picture of a roof - do you think somebody could tell me if there were any obvious problems? A house we are buying has obviously had a leaking roof at some point and I am led to believe that it was sorted - but I want to just check...some of it looks dodgy to me but I don't know!

Is it even possible to post a picture on here?

Thanks!

sam
stootz
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

DIY asbestos test kits

Postby Bournemouth Roofer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:18 pm

Very unlikely I'm afraid. Unless it was something glaringly obvious like a broken tile. Often the cause of a leaking roof isn't apparent by looking at the exterior and needs a closer inspection, even sometimes it requires an inspection under the roof itself.

My advice would be to contact a selection of local roofing firms to see if any provide a free roof health check/inspection. Obviously this could be a struggle if you haven't bought the house yet.

Otherwise just stick the photo on and myself on someone on here could see if they can spot the issue for you!
Bournemouth Roofer
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!