Immersion in Loft
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
desmo
Labourer
Labourer

Immersion in Loft

Post by desmo » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:11 am

Is it possible to put an immersion heater in the loft above the bathroom? Would there be water pressure issues? I really need to rid the bathroom of the Immersion Heater.

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

Post by htg engineer » Sat Aug 08, 2009 6:31 pm

There will be pressure issues as the tank needs to be above the cylinder.

htg

desmo
Labourer
Labourer

Post by desmo » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:58 pm

ok. point taken. howzabout an electric pump between the two.?

alyka
Labourer
Labourer

Re: Immersion in Loft

Post by alyka » Wed Aug 19, 2009 11:05 am

[quote="desmo"]Is it possible to put an immersion heater in the loft above the bathroom? Would there be water pressure issues? I really need to rid the bathroom of the Immersion Heater.[/quote]

Hi, you might want to see my Google "bathroomceilingheatertips.com" it is really worth using.

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

Post by Perry525 » Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:38 pm

There is no reason why you should not fit a copper cylinder complete with immersion heater in your loft.
Providing the water in the cold water tank is higher than than the outlet of the copper cylinder it will work.
If there is little difference in the height then using 28 mm pipe to get the maximum volume of water will improve things.
If you have a shower, then you may need a new low pressure mixer.
You can buy copper tanks that lay on their side on a cradle, this may help solve any height problem.
Placing the tanks over a solid wall may help you to feel happier abut the extra weight in the loft.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1