Immersion Tank Boost Switch and When Does it Kick in?

Postby Haggis00 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:15 pm

Here goes.
I have a hot water tank that uses immersion heating, with two sockets, with cable going to two areas, one at the bottom of the tank with I believe is the economy 7 part and the other halfway up which is the booster part. Ok.
They are both always switched on at the socket though but I've never ever used the boost via a newlec dial which is in my kitchen. But does the fact it's switched on at the socket mean that it is will kick in if the water cools or would I still have to activate the timed boost via the dial?
I ask because I think my electricity usage seems high and just wondered if this would have any part in this. Or could I simply just switch the boost socket off as I've never used it.
Thanks in advance.
Haggis00
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby thekeymurphy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 1:35 pm

The fact you have it switched on means it is always on which is probably why your bill is so high!

I recommend having it turned off and just turn it on manually when you need it.

Hope this helps.
thekeymurphy
Progress to next rank:
31.6%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!