Immersion tank too small - double tank needed?
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
micko
Labourer
Labourer

Immersion tank too small - double tank needed?

Post by micko » Tue Aug 28, 2007 7:55 am

Hi - I wanted my builder to move the hot water tank to the attic to save space in the bathroom.
He did that, but needed to use a small height cylinder because of restricted space.
Which was fine, but - a full tank of hot water isn't enough to fill my fancy new bath!
He's talking about a double-cylinder side-by-side set-up, but before I make any decisions, has anyone else done this?
I imagine there's difficulty in heating both tanks with the central heating "feed"...
Is there such a thing as a "short" but wide tank, with a central heating coil running lengthways through it?
(Or something!)
Thanks for any advice -
mick.

johnb
Ganger
Ganger

Post by johnb » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:17 pm

HI MICK IF YOU CANT GET A TALLER TANK IN ANY OTHER PART OF ROOF YOU CAN GET A HORZONTAL TANK FROM MOST TANK COMPANIES BUT YOU PAY A LOT MORE IS THERE NO OTHER PLACE FOR TANK OR ARE YOU GOVERNED BY COLD WATER TANK IF SO YOU COULD CONSIDER A NON VENTED MAINS CYLINDER THESE ARE £600-£800 BUT ARE VERY VERY GOOD AND STORE H/WATER WITH VURTUALY NO HEAT LOSSES BUT YOU NEED A COMPETANT PLUMBER TO ADVISE YOU ALL THE BEST JOHN

micko
Labourer
Labourer

Post by micko » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:34 am

Hi John - thanks v much for the reply. Yes - the current tank size is governed by the cold water tank, and it's in the tallest part of the roof space. The guy who fitted it just doesn't seem to have considered its capacity and was just happy to get a tank to fit... I think he's a bit embarrassed at the outcome! He's on honeymoon now, but is due to visit me soon, so I wanted to have some options to throw at him, in case he was short on ideas of his own... I have a bad feeling that whatever's done will cost me Big Bucks... Cheers - Mick.

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:16 pm