Immersion Thermostat question
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
mike52
Labourer
Labourer

Immersion Thermostat question

by mike52 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:17 pm

Further to my previous posting and the difficulties I am experiencing with having no hot water after having a brand new tank/thermostat and immersion element renewal, I am just wondering whether the problem I am having with the water not heating up enough in the tank could be down to having an incorrect thermostat fitted?

A family member has just remembered that they had the same issue a few years ago with the water not heating enough in their water tank after replacement - and it transpired that the thermostat that had been fitted in their tank was not the correct one - it was for 'soft water' rather than 'hard water' and as a result it wouldn't heat the water in the tank enough.

Could anyone verify that this might be the cause of the issue - if so, I can ask the plumber to return (for his 8th visit..) to replace the thermostat with one for 'hard water' as that is the type of water we have in our area.

Many thanks for any help anyone can offer

Mike

stoneyboy
Project Manager
Project Manager

by stoneyboy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:48 pm

mike52,
Check the temperature setting on the thermostat, try turning it up by 10deg and see if this corrects the problem. Otherwise get the plumber back something is wrong.
end

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Apr 09, 2024 8:55 am