Incoming isolation afetr meter-Pls advise
Ask questions and find answers to many subjects relating to electrics and electrical work

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Sparkydelux
Tradesman
Tradesman

Incoming isolation afetr meter-Pls advise

by Sparkydelux » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:48 pm

Hi
Please could anyone give me some recommendations on how I can isolate the incoming feed AFTER the meter and before my DB?

i would like to gain control of my distribution board when ever i require additional works. Hence the reason why an isolation device before the board and after the meter.

What would be best suited?DP isolator 100A or a Switch fuse?

I am having the meter and incoming moved which is why this is the best time to do this.

I was thinking of placing a box (meter cabinet) and mounting it next to the incoming and place the 100A DP isolator there with my service connectors. Please advise what would be best and anything specific if possible.The supply is 100A.

Regards,

ericmark

by ericmark » Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:06 am

Normally fitted by supply authority you can ask I have found if supply and billing agent are the same then you can normally get them to do it. But if separate billing agent to supply authority you have fight on your hands.

sparx
Project Manager
Project Manager

by sparx » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:25 pm

HI I have done as you suggest, ie fitted another meter cabinet next to supply co's. one with a 100A sw-fuse in it & got co. to connect short tails to it. This was for a care-home in which alterations happen quite frequently, in fact only a month after doing so they decided to make the office containing the consumer unit into a bathroom so C.U. needed moving into passageway, easy to do now, pain before!!!
regards SPARX

sbelectrical
Apprentice
Apprentice

by sbelectrical » Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:45 pm

Eric is right, you said you are having the meter and so moved well the elec board now fit a 100a dp isolation switch after the meter for us sparks
to isolate the tails to the DB without cutting any seals, i know these are fitted on new builds but not sure on moving mains incomer you need to contact your provider and ask

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:49 pm