Independant joiner looking for workshop sharer

Postby Simon Carey » Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:53 am

Hi everyone,

My name is Simon, 34, 12 years experience in bespoke joinery, 4 years in site carpentry.
I currently rent a large workshop in Cobham, Surrey, UK, which I work at alone, making doors, windows, staircases and cabinets.
 I'm looking at the possibility of sharing the workshop with another joiner, and possibly getting an apprentice.
I only opened it in July 2011, business is good, lots of phone calls, winning the majority of jobs etc.

What I'm trying to do is streamline my finances, and sharing rent, rates and utilities for the workshop would be a great start towards this, and obviously access to a ready made workshop at half the price would be beneficial for someone looking for that kind of opportunity.

The machines I have are;

Morticer
Tenoner
Planer Thicknesser
Spindle moulder

Portable machines;

Bandsaw
Rip saw
Mitre saw
Biscuit cutter
Assorted nail guns
Sanders
Routers
Plunge saw
Plus more...

I would be interested in sharing with another joiner who perhaps could contribute by providing 3 phase machines I do not yet have, such as rip saw, cross cut, bandsaw etc, but am open to ideas.

I am not looking to employ anyone, except maybe an apprentice, and a sharer would be required to source their own work, unless I had more than I can handle, in which case perhaps we could agree on something.

I'm looking to act on this in the near future, if this sounds interesting to you, please get in touch

Cheers,

Simon
Simon Carey

Sponsor

Simply Build It