Indirect heating system
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
wimiu012uk
Tradesman
Tradesman

Indirect heating system

by wimiu012uk » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:36 pm

I have a solid fuel parkray indirect central heating system, at the moment I have NO hot water, but the radiators are very hot. Obviously there is no hot water from the fire getting to the hot water cylinder coil. I have drained the system from a downstairs radiator and refilled the system, but the problem is still there i.e I have NO hot water.
Any sugestions as to my next plan of action to get my hot water back please.

Perry525
Site Agent
Site Agent

by Perry525 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:58 am

I assume that the hot water is coming out cold?
The possible cause is an air lock in the top of the hot water cylinder coil, if a vent is fitted it may be stuck, best try undoing the top joint and letting the air and water out until cold turns to hot.

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:49 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

3 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:52 am