Indoor storage solution... for outdoors!

Postby emmajess » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Hi there. I'm moving home, back to my parents' and the only place I can store my clothes is in the garage.

I don't want my clothes to rot or go mouldy, I am investigating having a wardrobe built inside the garage, but all quotes so far are prohibitively expensive.
1. Can anyone recommend a company who might supply/build a carcass
2. Can anyone recommend a place where I could buy wardrobes of the correct messurements to save bespoke expense (198cm height x 258cm total width (could be 3x86cm) x 53cm depth
3. Do I need to have the wardrobes/carcass insulated? Vented?

Appreciate your help, thank you!
Progress to next rank:

Simply Build It

Postby nerd_biker » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:06 pm

If you are only storing the clothes your best bet is to seal them away in vacuum pack bags, such as these: Google ""

It will mean having your clothes pressed or ironed to removed the creases once you get them out of storage but at least they will be safe. Plus it's a lot cheaper than building a wardrobe as you could store the bags on ordinary shelf units if you want them off the floor.
Progress to next rank:

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!