induction hob
Help, advice and problem solutions on all aspects of home appliances from washing machines to TV's

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
slimshady1968
Labourer
Labourer

induction hob

by slimshady1968 » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:15 pm

I recently bought a DeDietrich induction hob, but with 4 months of using it the heating elements has gone down and one of the touch control panel has gone faulty as well.
The manufacturers say its beacuse the unit is over heating and wont pay for the repairs again(for 3 items about £500).
Ive since had the kitchen fitters back asnd they say theres not much they can do, its fitted to the manufacturers drawings.
On one side we have a fridge and the other side we have a dishwasher, with the oven in the middle and inductionhob above.
The manufacturers have said cut a hole in the work surface at the back of the hob to let heat escaoe upwards at the back, but this will reduce the support of ths for the hob, which is glass.

Any help with this is much appreciated

ericmark

by ericmark » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:54 am

You may be better putting this post under electrics. Induction hobs being so new no one has too much knowledge but I do note it is supposed to shut its self down if it over heats so seems something wrong that it has stopped working rather than failing safe? But with heat producing items either side and well as below I can see it may get too hot. I would be looking as a fan with cold air being drawn from fridge and pushed out behind dish washer as the colder the back of the fridge is the better it works. Something like the ones fitted into computers. But is also seems there should be some interconnection between oven and hob to shut down hob when oven is on clean cycle so I would think they would both have to be same make to interconnect? Any electronic equipment should be kept cool and I would have thought the kitchen installers would have allowed for this. If the oven is not the same make as hob I can understand the manufactures being reluctant to correct the fault but if as you say all instructions have been met and they have not already before the fault advised extra cooling then I think they are being unreasonable. As to vent at back how about stainless steel duct as a chimney effect will create more draft and so cool with a smaller hole plus no hole for things to fall down?

rose
Ganger
Ganger

by rose » Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:55 pm

just looking thru' the site for queries that i have and saw this post.
I was told if having an induction hob, thank the space beneath it should be free, no drawers, cupboards etc...
maybe not much help but...

TheDoctor5

by TheDoctor5 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:45 am

Last year 64% of the questions asked in our forum were answered within our DIY project pages at www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects.htm The project pages are now separated alphabetically and your answers are accompanied by diagrams and the ability to see, and buy, the tools and/or required to complete your project. Use our search box to look for your answer and save a great deal of time and money!

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:17 am