Insatall separate Shower Mixing Valve set up.
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Bob Savage
Labourer
Labourer

Insatall separate Shower Mixing Valve set up.

by Bob Savage » Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:58 pm

[b] I want to install a separate Shower unit C/W Mixing Valve to an existing Combi Boiler supplied plumbed in Bath.Where do I run the new shower pipework from?[/b]

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:50 pm

As you have a combi, the supplies can tapped off anywhere in the system. Wherever the nearest hot and cold can be found.

Bob Savage
Labourer
Labourer

Shower Mixing Valve verses Combi Boiler

by Bob Savage » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:22 pm

Many thanks for feedback on first Topic.

I have just moved into a house which has a Worcester Combi 24CDi Boiler.
I do not have any Manuals or Technical details about this Boiler and since I want to install a separate bath shower complete with Thermostatic Mixing Valve (Possibly a Mira Excel Concealed),will this specific boiler be able to provide sufficient hot water to fully compliment this type of shower? ie. at full pressure and flow, will the water be hot enough?

What technical details associated with this specific boiler should I need in order for a Shower Supplier to match up a suitable Mixer set up?

plumbbob
Project Manager
Project Manager

by plumbbob » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:11 pm

The User Guide and Installation Manual for this boiler is downloadable as a pdf from the Worcester-Bosch website in the discontinued gas boiler literature section.

Generally almost all mixer showers will work with this type of boiler. Probably what is more likely to be a problem is the flow rate of the water main to the house.

If you read the installation tech data, it gives the nominal flow rate in litres for DHW at a temp rise of 30 degrees. Compare that to the mixer valve flow rate. As I say though, any mixer should work well and you won't go far wrong with a Mira.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 4:00 am