Insertion of compression Tee piece
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Insertion of compression Tee piece

by greengrass » Fri May 18, 2007 3:09 pm

I'm want to tee off an existing main feed pipe for an outside tap but the problem is the pipe will not move even when cut so I cannot see how I'm going to get the fitting on the pipe. I know I could use a 'flexi' pipe but want to avoid that if possible. Is there such a thing as a ' sliding compression joint specifically for this situation. The chap I spoke to at our plumbing shop said ' I Dooon't reeeally know' [say it in the tone from the bird off Corry St who owned a shop].

Message for DiyDoc
Hi Doc it seems I have two replies but can't see either it stops at bottom of my question sheet when trying to scroll to the replies. It's not my computer as I tried others and could read replies.
Greengrass
Last edited by greengrass on Fri May 18, 2007 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thedoctor

by thedoctor » Fri May 18, 2007 10:27 pm

Cut a larger section out of the pipe Greengrass and put in a straight connector, then a little pipe, then the T piece. Until you tighten it all up it will move about enough to get it all in position.

Each post is monitored first before publishing and that can take some time. It may show more replies than you can see because it hasn't been checked. We have deleted a post from a guy who just wanted you to insert a slip coupling which would be great if you had a burst pipe but not so good for an outside tap.....Good to speak to you aagain by the way !!

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

Re: Insertion of compression Tee piece

by greengrass » Fri May 18, 2007 10:59 pm

[quote="greengrass"]I'm want to tee off an existing main feed pipe for an outside tap but the problem is the pipe will not move even when cut so I cannot see how I'm going to get the fitting on the pipe. I know I could use a 'flexi' pipe but want to avoid that if possible. Is there such a thing as a ' sliding compression joint specifically for this situation. The chap I spoke to at our plumbing shop said ' I Dooon't reeeally know' [say it in the tone from the bird off Corry St who owned a shop].

Message for DiyDoc
Hi Doc it seems I have two replies but can't see either it stops at bottom of my question sheet when trying to scroll to the replies. It's not my computer as I tried others and could read replies.
Greengrass[/quote]

Thanks Doc will be doing it tomorrow. [Sat] or maybe look at it and do it Sunday I can't swear then.

JLBPLUMB
Labourer
Labourer

by JLBPLUMB » Sun May 27, 2007 1:55 pm

There is a fitting on the market in copper that is a press fit fitting. They are great for tight spaces. Yorkshire fittings do them (xpress press fit fittings). You do need a press fit tool though.

greengrass
Foreman
Foreman

by greengrass » Sun May 27, 2007 10:36 pm

[quote="JLBPLUMB"]There is a fitting on the market in copper that is a press fit fitting. They are great for tight spaces. Yorkshire fittings do them (xpress press fit fittings). You do need a press fit tool though.[/quote]

From Greengrass
Thanks JlLBPLUMB. Will take a look as I've more confined space pipes to tap in to.

5 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Apr 01, 2024 3:40 pm