Inspiration for Lighting in Small Bathroom Needed
Your comments on how to design the perfect home - And help others do it !

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
cauliflower
Labourer
Labourer

Inspiration for Lighting in Small Bathroom Needed

Post by cauliflower » Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:38 pm

Hi,
I'm re-doing the small bathroom in my flat, 2300mm x 1600mm, I need some inspiration for the lighting.

It's a simple bathroom design, bath and toilet along one long wall, door is halfway along the opposite long wall, sink is to the right as you walk in, on the same short wall that the short edge of the bath butts up to. Modern 60x60cm light-coloured (very subtle) stone effect tiles on walls and same on floor. The bath has a shower over it.

My initial thought is to have a mirror above the sink with built-in side lights. is that enough for the sink area or should I have a downlight too?

On the ceiling along the long wall that the bath is on I thought I could have some mini-LED downlights, probably set back close to the wall so that they shine down the tiles.. But I have no idea how many I should use, 3 or 4? More?. I have found some zone 0/1 mini-leds, there's a choice of 1w or 3w, I don't know which of these would be better in a small bathroom like this. Also would you put any anywhere else, or just along that wall?

Thanks

rachi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Re: Inspiration for Lighting in Small Bathroom Needed

Post by rachi » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:18 am

Regarding the side light on the mirror yes that is enough for the sink. and place some 5 to 6 let light on the ceiling. this will look good for small bathroom .

cauliflower
Labourer
Labourer

Post by cauliflower » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:15 pm

rachi wrote:Regarding the side light on the mirror yes that is enough for the sink. and place some 5 to 6 let light on the ceiling. this will look good for small bathroom .

Thanks Rachi,

The leds I'm currently looking at are 1watt:

http://www.mr-resistor.co.uk/item.aspx?i=5592

I want them to be 'mood' lighting, so not really, really bright, but they do also need to provide enough light to be useful for showering/going to the loo without the sink light being on as this will be operated separately. I currently have no other lights in my design (though I could change that). Is 1 watt enough to do that if I had 5 of them along the edge of the ceiling above the bath and toilet? Or should I go for higher wattage?

I don't have a feel of how many will be enough and how many would be too many.

Thanks

rachi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by rachi » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:04 am

well http://www.mr-resistor.co.uk/item.aspx?i=5592 this is what i was speaking aboud.
The one or 2.5 w would be enough since you will place 5 to 6 bulb on the ceiling

cauliflower
Labourer
Labourer

Post by cauliflower » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:43 am

rachi wrote:well http://www.mr-resistor.co.uk/item.aspx?i=5592 this is what i was speaking aboud.
The one or 2.5 w would be enough since you will place 5 to 6 bulb on the ceiling

Thank you - I appreciate the help!

Best

rachi
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by rachi » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:12 am

your welcome. ill be glade to help you any time :-)

Cindy K0
Labourer
Labourer

Post by Cindy K0 » Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:22 am

Hello,
why dont you take a look on Pinterest. You will be surprised with all these ideas.You will find ideas even for the smallest bathroom. ;) Trust me.

miniled
Labourer
Labourer

Post by miniled » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:57 pm

I have found some nice wooden LED profiles at https://futurehousestore.co.uk/all-products/aluminium-profiles/ and they have a vast range of LED products. I have used ALU-LED corner aluminium LED profile P3 pine and cold white 5050 SMD strips in my little toilet as per the attached pictures.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

arthur.k09
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by arthur.k09 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:10 am

Pendant lights with LED bulbs over mirror will be a good idea as ample overhead lightings are key in any bathroom. Add dimmers in your bathroom to adjust the lighting just as you do throughout the house.

eladesign
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by eladesign » Mon May 13, 2019 8:49 am

I think light is very important in the bathroom. I'd say put more lights and different switch so you can switch on as many as you want.

10 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:05 pm