Instaling an open fire in replacment of a gas back boiler
All manner of questions and solutions to problems and issues surrounding the subject of brickwork, blockwork and stonework

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Johners
Labourer
Labourer

Instaling an open fire in replacment of a gas back boiler

by Johners » Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:47 pm

Need some help here as some fire place people are not ny help. Just recently had a the back boiler removed from the fire place and it has now left a hole and I want to put an open log and coal fire in its place, my builder has said he will brick up the side where the gas pipe etc came through but do I need to put a linner in the fire place or can I jus leave it as the bricks that are already there and re point them? 2nd question is I have a marble hearth in place from when the gas fier and boiler was there if I am puttiing a basket in there so tht it is raised do I need to cut it into 3? as this will be a proper pain. one more question is once the flue comes out of the chimney will I need to put something there to guide the smoke up the chimney? I need alot of help here please. Ta

TheDoctor4
Project Manager
Project Manager

Help from DIY Doctor!

by TheDoctor4 » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:32 pm

Let DIY Doctor help you to find quotes from vetted and trusted tradesman local to your area. Visit our Find a Tradesman page: https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/find_tradesmen/

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:32 pm