Install New Frame for Conservatory but use Same Glass?
Conservatories are a great all-round addition to any home. Find help, advice and information on all aspects of this area.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
dorminhoca
Labourer
Labourer

Install New Frame for Conservatory but use Same Glass?

by dorminhoca » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:06 pm

The sill part that my conservatory frame sits on somehow lets in water which seeps down making my walls wet in several places and my indoor window sills rot. Thinking the windows were at fault, as they leaked at the beading which is on the inside, and also because they were misty, I had them all replaced 14 months ago, along with the roof. I was on a budget and couldn't afford a whole new conservatory. The company said the frame was fine to keep so I went with their advice. However, the windows still leak (worse now) my walls are wet and I feel the only solution is to have a new conservatory fitted but I can't afford it. My question - is it possible to have a new frame and gaskets and keep the existing glass and roof as these are new?

welsh brickie
Project Manager
Project Manager

Re: Install New Frame for Conservatory but use Same Glass?

by welsh brickie » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:55 pm

the fault is with the drainage in the frames, if you call a double glazing company or repair guy, he can drill the frames and clear the problem

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:38 am