Installation of Main Electic Box with trip switch

Postby Ralph » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:47 am

Proposing to install new main fuse box with a trip switch.

My house is about 20 years old. I have been informed that the main fuse box proposed does the following function.

If the 13 amp power fails, due to electric kettle. Then the switch will trip.
All 13amp power connects will be shut down, however the house lights will remain on. Could you kindly advise what is the best type.
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:57 pm


Simply Build It

Postby sparx » Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:25 pm

Hi Ralph, from your discription it would seem what is proposed is a 'split-load' consumer unit with RCD for socket half of board & main sw. for lighting circuits ect.
I am sure the registered 'part-p' leckie you use to do this 'controlled work' for you will know all about it!
IE this is not legal DIY work, see 'projects' section
Posts: 2166
Joined: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:33 pm
Location: The fifth continent.

Display posts from previous
Sort by
Order by


  • Related Topics