Installing a Dishwasher With Y Connector to Sink

Postby Mj2e09 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:30 am

Hello!

So I’m having a dishwasher delivered this morning yay. But was wondering if we could get away with buying a y connector for the water pipe under the sink. Has anyone had any experience with this?

I’ve also uploaded a pic of where I think the waste pipe will connect, is that right?

Any help will be appreciated :)
Attachments
66A1084D-88AA-41A8-8799-7DAEA7003022.jpeg
52BB879E-77CB-4693-BF80-6DDB1DA13AFA.jpeg
Mj2e09
Progress to next rank:
0%

Sponsor

Simply Build It

Postby John1965 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:41 pm

Hi,

If that is the only cold feed pipe it also looks like it has something already connected, maybe your washing machine?

You could use a Y connector i would advise getting a brass one not the plastic version.

Waste water will need to go out via your U bend if you do not have a stand alone waste pipe that goes directly outside, by looking at your photo then you are correct in assuming thats where the hose connects, unscrew that cap and you should have a spigot that attaches where the cap goes, dont forget to cut the blanked off end of the spigot otherwise the water will not flow through and you will get faults on the dishwasher.

John,
John1965
Progress to next rank:
50%

Sort by
Order by

• DIY How to Project Guides

• DIY how to tutorial projects and guides - Did you know we have a DIY Projects section? Well, if no, then we certainly do! Within this area of our site have literally hundreds of how-to guides and tutorials that cover a huge range of home improvement tasks. Each page also comes with pictures and a video to make completing those jobs even easier!