installing a new bathroom suite.
All aspects of plumbing questions and answers, help, tips and information

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
bilal611
Labourer
Labourer

installing a new bathroom suite.

Post by bilal611 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:18 pm

hi there. decided to replace my grandparents bathroom as it is really old, 30 years. problem is with the toilet. The waste pipe of the toilet is a S trap, unlike the new toilets which are all p trap. Have looked everywhere but cant find any s trap toilets. I dont want to spend that much as i dont have that much money. if anybody knows where i can get a cheap s trap toilet i would be greatful for a link or something, or if anybody has any help wat to ever, im again greatful. thanks.

marrtin
Foreman
Foreman

Post by marrtin » Sun Nov 25, 2007 8:35 pm

You can still get 'S'trap toilets, but they are by special order, and cost more.

But the point is you don't need one. Just use a 'P' trap toilet and buy either a right angled pan connector, or if that is too far from the wall, a swan neck pan connector (looks like a question mark). Both types are readily available.

If the toilet is a close coupled replacing a low level, it is possible the cistern cannot be pushed back far enough to rest on the wall. In which case, a small area of boxing needs to be constructed which afterwards can be tiled.

2 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2024 10:11 pm