installing a new boiler - flue sighting?? please help!
Help and information on all topics relating to your central heating, air conditioning and ventilation issues.

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1
Nik1969
Apprentice
Apprentice

installing a new boiler - flue sighting?? please help!

by Nik1969 » Wed Jul 01, 2009 1:24 pm

Hi

Please can you tell me what the regs are for installing a boiler near a window as i wish to install the boiler in our new utility room and the installer (who is getting his worked signed off by gas installer) is unsure of regs so wants to sight it in the 3rd bedroom - seems a bit of a waste of a utility to me and am wondering what the distance can be or is there an alternative such as extending the flue kit and sending it somewhere away from the window???

Many thanks for any help or suggestions

htg engineer
Project Manager
Project Manager

by htg engineer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:19 pm

Flue terminal has to be at least 300mm from opening window.

htg

Nik1969
Apprentice
Apprentice

by Nik1969 » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:46 am

Thank you very much!

rosebery
Project Manager
Project Manager

by rosebery » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:37 pm

Further to the above the clearances should be in the MIs for the boiler. My advice would be to get someone who knows what he is doing which this guy plainly doesn't. If he can't read the MIs then I'd be worried about eveything else he does. He needs to be an RGI to:

* Fit the flue

* Hang The Boiler

* Do the gaswork

* Commission the boiler.

* Notify the installation.

You are potentially playing fast and loose with your insurance apart from anything else. Why isn't the gas installer fitting it? Is it just to save a few quid? Not worth it frankly.

Cheers

4 posts   •   Page 1 of 1